This position is located in Moab, Utah, and will support revegetation and general landscaping activities for a portion of the Moab UMTRA Project site. Under direct supervision, the Environmental Technician 1 learns to apply standard discipline principles to perform duties in a variety of fixed facility and field environments. Performs revegetation activities including planting, irrigation, and weed control using hand and mechanical tools, supporting the client’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Must have proven meticulous attention to detail, strong communication skills, good organizational skills and ability to self-direct and prioritize.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as within teams, using judgment and discretion in making decisions which may directly impact facility compliance.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and implement work plans.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures.
- Must be able to operate and maintain light equipment such as a mini-excavator, skid steer, chipper/shredder and tractor (e.g., clearing and grubbing of brush/tree removal).
- Ability to follow manufacturer instructions for application of herbicides.
- Ability to develop and execute plans for composting of vegetation debris and other suitable materials.
- The environmental technician will have the flexibility to be “on-call” after duty hours as required. May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Maintain written and electronic records of daily performance and sample data.
- Safely and successfully operate sampling equipment and machinery.
- This position will require lifting and moving of heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
- Routine air and groundwater monitoring activities may be required, including but not limited to air, surface water, groundwater, sediment, soil, direct exposure, and biota monitoring.
- Assist with groundwater sampling and air monitoring activities when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
The Position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a High School or General Educational Diploma (GED) and at least 5 years demonstrable experience with revegetation and/or landscaping. Must be able to obtain 40-hour hazardous waste operations level training. Specialty Qualifications: Training and professional skill development will be provided for the various aspects of the position, as appropriate based on the individual’s experience. Proficiencies and training the individual has already received should be considered. Knowledge and experience using common power tools for brush removal and reduction, including chippers, saws, tractors, and trucks.
Some fundamentals associated with this position include the ability to read and interpret documents in English, including reports and property drawings/markings, to write reports and correspondences in English, and to verbally communicate effectively with customers and associated contractors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra, geometry, calculus, and other high-level mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions that deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to operate a calculator, office copier, fax, and computer is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current driver’s license; Proof of U.S. Citizenship or approved to work within the United States; the ability to obtain security clearance enabling access to various government facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires occasional travel and overnight stay.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works in shared office and field environment and the noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet. The noise level in the field work environment includes construction site and soil and groundwater sampling areas where noise level will vary and sometimes require a hearing and other personal protective equipment.
Send resume AND application by email to email@example.com. The application period is open until filled. No phone inquiries, please. Resumes will not be considered without an application. In the subject line state: “Environmental Technician I.”
S&K Logistics Services LLC is an AA/EEOC/American Indian Hiring Preference Employer.