Website S&K Logistics Services, LLC
The IT Specialist II is located in Grand Junction, CO, and supports all IT infrastructure and services, including system maintenance and help desk, as required by the Moab UMTRA Project for all project sites and office locations and contractor and Department of Energy (DOE) personnel. The work schedule is 32 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Support and maintain all IT services infrastructure.
- Support users as a Help Desk team member.
- Ability to work with development team to design and maintain data models and databases, write stored procedures, but also optimize and tune these same objects in the production environment.
- Manage MS SharePoint and develop content. Assist with management of electronic document production workflows.
- Install, configure, administer, upgrade servers, workstations and databases operating systems.
- Test and deploy all relevant patches to related systems.
- Support custom-built applications infrastructure from database perspective.
- Support the migration of existing services to alternative services.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
Position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science. Must have experience with MS SharePoint management and development, Electronic document workflow, SQL Server database design and development in a .NET environment, Visual Studio .NET Environment, and Microsoft Active Directory. Must have competent T-SQL writing skills.
Preferred Qualifications: MCSE, MCSD, Cyber Security Skills/Awareness, CISSP, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft System Center, GIS, Strong interpersonal skill with ability to set objectives and clearly communicate.
Some fundamentals associated with this position include the ability to read and interpret documents in English, including reports and property drawings/markings, to write reports and correspondences in English, and to verbally communicate effectively with customers and associated contractors.
Must be able to successfully perform advanced mathematical functions as required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions that deal with abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have advanced working knowledge of computers, software, and general office equipment to include but not limited to MS Windows and Office Pro.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current driver’s license; Proof of U.S. Citizenship or approved to work within the United States; the ability to obtain security clearance enabling access to various government facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires occasional travel and overnight stay.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Works in shared office and the noise level is usually quiet. Occasionally may work in field environment and the noise level will vary and sometimes require hearing and other personal protective equipment.
Send resume AND application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period is open until filled. No phone inquiries please. Resumes will not be considered without application. In the subject line state: “IT Specialist II-DOE.”
S&K Logistics Services LLC, is an AA/EEOC/American Indian Hiring Preference employer.
To apply for this job email your application and applicant data form to email@example.com. Application can be found in the upper right hand corner of this page.