Our passion is streamlining the process, ANY process. We offer multiple contracting advantages that accelerate your access to our qualified teams.
STREAMLINED FEDERAL CONTRACTING
STREAMLINED FEDERAL CONTRACTING
Small Business Administration (SBA) Tribal 8(a) Program
S&K Logistics Services is an tribally owned SBA 8(a) certified company working across a range of NAICS codes. The SBA 8(a) program created streamlined procurement tools to incentivize Federal buyers to work with tribally owned companies. The most beneficial of these tools include eligibility for sole source 8(a) contracts and exemption from competitive thresholds.
Sole Source Advantages:
- Encouraged by FAR and DFARS [FAR 19.800(e); DFARS 219.803(2)]
- No requirement for competition [FAR 6.302-5(b)(4)]
- No requirement for synopsis [FAR 5.202(a)(4)]
- Cannot be protested [13 CFR 124.517(a)]
- Exempt from competitive thresholds
- DoD contract up to $100M: No sole source justification [2020 NDAA Section 823]
- Non-DoD contract up to $24M: No sole source justification [FAR 6.302-5(c)(2)(i)]
- Contract value counts toward agency’s SBA small business and 8(a) contracting goals
- Low risk through FAR compliance and DCAA audit oversight
- Procurement process is simplified and accelerated
Tribal 8(a) sole source procurements provide federal customers agile and scalable contracting solutions, including open discussions about the requirement and real-time price negotiations.
Streamlined Procurement Cycle:
Tribal 8(a) sole source procurements can be completed in weeks vice the months or years it takes to conduct a competition, providing federal customers with near immediate contracting solutions when timeframes are tight.
As a Tribal 8(a), we are allowed to use the past performance of sister companies and key
management personnel during the evaluation period of an award per FAR 15.305(a)(2)(iii).
5% Incentive Program:
DOD Contractors who offer subcontracts to Tribal 8(a) firms receive 5% of the total value of the
subcontract as an incentive per Section 504 of the Indian Financing Act of 1974 (25 U.S.C. § 1544). If a contract includes either of the following clauses, you are eligible to apply for a 5% subcontracting rebate under the Indian Incentive Program:
- 48 CFR 52.226-1 – Utilization of Indian Organizations and Indian-Owned Economic Enterprise
- DFAR 252.226-7001 – DoD Indian Incentive Program
When contracting with us you can claim the following categories in your small business contracting plan:
- Small Business
- Native American/Tribal
- 8(a) Economically disadvantaged (13 CFR 124.109(a)(2))
Tcompliance Anti-Bribery Certification
S&K Logistics Services has achieved full certification with Tcompliance, the world’s leading anti-bribery standard setting organization.
Certification by Tcompliance signifies that S&K Logistics Services has completed internationally accepted due diligence procedures, demonstrating our commitment to commercial transparency.
S&K Logistics Services, LLC Tcertification ID: TC5174-6412
Learn more at: https://www.
S&K Logistics Services is backed by the S&K Technologies, Inc. Enterprise, a multi-national family of companies owned by the CSKT. This corporate structure provides unsurpassed stability, resources, and technical reach-back.
Our mission further hinges on supporting our small tribal community in northwest Montana. Shareholders include the 8,000 plus members of the Salish and Kootenai Tribes, a dynamic community that lives in northwest Montana.